Education and Training
- BA at Saint Anselm College
- DDS at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry through Lutheran Medical Center
- Residency in Periodontics at The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Dual Certificate in Periodontics from The Veterans Administration Hospital
- Dr. Edward P. Allen 20/20 Oral Surgery / Advanced Surgical Technique
- Board Certified
Dr. Kivus served the Navajo Native Americans for two years as a general dentist through Indian Health Services. Her experience motivated her to return to academia and specialize in periodontics, as many of her patients suffered from periodontal disease and its systemic co-morbidities.
Dr. Kivus maintains memberships in the Birmingham District Dental Society, the Alabama Dental Association, the Alabama Society of Periodontics, the Southern Academy of Periodontology, the American Dental Association American, the Academy of Periodontology and the Academy of Osseointegration
Dr. Kivus is active in the local running community and a member of the Birmingham Track Club. You may see her out running with friends, her husband, Brett, or her dog, Macy.